Sunday, March 16, 2014
Why Smart Kids Fail??
Average kids from average homes received 432 negative statements as opposed to 32 positive statements daily.
Words such as "Don't touch that." "No, it is done this way" "No, you are not big enough."
The Best way to help a child be more confident is to use
More Positive words to the child
Here is a list of 15 encouraging words and phrases that will assist your child to keep trying and increase his self-esteem and confidence.
1. "I like the way you handled that"
2. "Wow, you really thought out the solution to that problem"
3. "I have faith in your ability"
4. "I appreciate what you did"
5. "You are really showing improvement"
6. "I know you will figure out a good way to do it next time"
7. "You don't have to be perfect. Effort and improvement are important."
8. "I trust you to be responsible"
9. "It must make you proud of yourself when you accomplish something like that"
10. "You are a valuable part of the team"
11. "It is okay to make a mistake, we all do. What do you think you learned from it?"
12. "How can we turn this into a positive?"
13. "I'm proud of you for trying"
14. "I'll bet by next year you will be able to handle it, you just need to grow a little"
15. "I know you are disappointed that you didn't win, but you'll do better next time."